Table of Contents
FileZilla is a full-featured FTP client with an easy-to-use GUI. It is written in C++ and uses the wxWidgets library. FileZilla includes the following features:
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- IPv6 support
- Available in more than 40 languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Easy to use Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
- Tabbed interface to connect to multiple servers
FileZilla is my favorite FTP client. I copy files to my Android devices via FTP and FileZilla makes it very easy and fast.
You can install FileZilla via the Ubuntu Software Center. You can also use the button at the beginning of this post.
To install via terminal:
sudo apt-get install filezilla
Using FileZilla to copy files to an Android device⌗
I use the WellFTP Server app in my Android device as a FTP server.
In FileZilla go to the Site Manager and create a new site. Enter the IP address showed in WellFTP Server and the FTP user and password.
In the Advanced tab you can define a default local directory and a default remote directory. In this case use /sdcard as the default.