After the acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle Corporation VirtualBox is now called Oracle VM VirtualBox.
If you have a previous version already installed you need to manually install the new one. This is the 3.2.0 version.
- Go to System > Administration > Software Sources and Third-Party Software.
- Add the following sources for Lucid (check your distribution here)
- Download and register Oracle authentication key
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
- Be sure your source list is updated
sudo apt-get update
- Be sure you have dkms installed (so Virtualbox host kernel is automatically updated as you update your system kernel)
sudo apt-get install dkms
- Install Virtualbox 3.2
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-3.2
- Logoff and login again
- Start Virtualbox at Applications > System Tools > Sun VirtualBox
- Don’t forget to install/reinstall the Guest Additions in all your virtual machines (after starting the virtual machine go to Devices > Install Guest Additions)