Hi, my name is Paulo Pereira.
|I’m a coordinator at SIBS, the central utility for payments, running the payment system end-to-end for more than 30 years, serving Banks, the Central Bank, government, etc.|
I’m a Linux and Open Source enthusiast in my spare time and I really enjoy reading. I’ve also been meditating since 2016 with Headspace.
You may reach me in several ways:
- Using my personal or professional emails
- Messaging me at XMPP/Jabber, Matrix, Telegram or Keybase
- If you have my phone number using Signal, WhatsApp or a regular sms or phone call
If you don’t know what XMPP/Jabber is, check my tips here.
It’s a good idea to protect your messages in the digital world. If you use an untrusted email service or messaging app, you can easily encrypt messages to me and verify it was me that sent a signed message at Keybase.
This is my public key.
You can get my card here.
Since 2017: Coordinator at SIBS
- Jan 2014 - Mar 2017: Associate Specialist at Novabase Business Solutions
- Jan 2011 - Dec 2013: Senior Professional at Novabase Business Solutions
- Jan 2010 - Dec 2010: Senior Professional at Novabase Consulting
- Jan 2009 – Dec 2009: Senior Consultant at Novabase Business Intelligence
- Jan 2007 – Dec 2008: Consultant at Novabase Business Intelligence
- Jun 2005 – Dec 2006: Associate Consultant at Novabase Business Intelligence
It all started in the 90s playing around with Red Hat 5.2 (if my memory is correct). At that time it was just curiosity and Windows was still my main operating system. Even then I already tended more to the likes of Netscape, StarOffice and Firefox.
When I went to university my Red Hat musing started to be more serious and I started dual booting with Windows and trying several distributions. Between some others I used Fedora Core, Corel Linux, Mandrake, a try at Gentoo, SUSE, CrunchBang and later Ubuntu.
All around I used GNOME and for some time Openbox until Canonical started shipping [Unity](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(user_interface). After that I started hopping between GNOME Shell, KDE Plasma, Xfce and lately i3-gaps.
Other applications to mention are Thunderbird, Evolution and neomutt for mail, Thunar as my file manager, Gajim for instant messaging, Newsboat as a RSS reader, Zim for my notes and to-do needs, gpodder for podcast listening, vorta and borg for backups, YACReader for comics, HomeBank for personal accounting, pass as my password manager, and I could keep going.
You can follow my Linux related posts here in my blog.
If your curious on how I rate my books, check this post.
You can also find out more about what I’m reading here in my blog.
- Ebook/audiobook wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1RVET8NF3QUJ2
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/paapereira