My Linux history
It all started in the 90s playing around with Red Hat 5.2 (if my memory is correct). At that time it was just curiosity and Windows was still my main operating system. Even then I already tended more to the likes of Netscape, StarOffice and Firefox.
When I went to university my Red Hat musing started to be more serious and I started dual booting with Windows and trying several distributions. Between some others I used Fedora Core, Corel Linux, Mandrake, a try at Gentoo, SUSE, CrunchBang and later Ubuntu.
You can follow my Linux related posts here in my blog.
List of favorite Linux applications and related things
- NUC6i5SYH is my main desktop machine
- NUC7i3BNH is my home server
- Surface Go is my personal laptop
- Vultr as my cloud provider
In my own hardware I’m running Arch Linux.
Window Manager and Desktop Environments
- leftwm is my window manager of choice and daily driver
- i3-gaps was my daily driver before leftwm
- Xfce if I some day went back to a desktop environment
- LibreWolf is currently my default browser ➡ Read more
- Firefox is my backup browser
- Chromium if I need for some reason a Chrome based browser