Hi, my name is Paulo Pereira.
I’m a coordinator at SIBS, the central utility for payments, running the payment system end-to-end for more than 30 years, serving Banks, the Central Bank, government, etc.
In 2005 I started working as a consultant in Novabase, where I stayed until 2017 when I joined SIBS.
I’m a Linux and Open Source enthusiast in my spare time and I really enjoy reading. I’ve also been meditating since 2016 with Headspace.
I lived through the 80s and 90s in Coruche, my hometown. In the year 2000 I moved to Lisbon to study in the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon, where I completed my Licentiate degree.
I’m also a proud father.
You may reach me in several ways:
- XMPP - email@example.com ➡ Learn more
- Signal - if you have my phone number
- Matrix - @paapereira
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp - if you have my phone number
It’s a good idea to protect your messages in the digital world. If you use an untrusted email service or messaging app, you can easily encrypt messages to me and verify it was me that sent a signed message at Keybase.
This is my public key.
I’m not a big fan of social media, but you can find me at Keybase, Goodreads, Mastodon and LinkedIn. I’m not on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
You can get my card in a terminal here.
Since 2017: Coordinator at SIBS
- Jan 2014 - Mar 2017: Associate Specialist at Novabase Business Solutions
- Jan 2011 - Dec 2013: Senior Professional at Novabase Business Solutions
- Jan 2010 - Dec 2010: Senior Professional at Novabase Consulting
- Jan 2009 – Dec 2009: Senior Consultant at Novabase Business Intelligence
- Jan 2007 – Dec 2008: Consultant at Novabase Business Intelligence
- Jun 2005 – Dec 2006: Associate Consultant at Novabase Business Intelligence
I’m currently running Arch Linux in all my personal computers. A NUC6i5SYH as my desktop, a NUC7i3BNH as my server and a Surface Go as my laptop.
It all started in the 90s playing around with Red Hat 5.2 (if my memory is correct). At that time it was just curiosity and Windows was still my main operating system. Even then I already tended more to the likes of Netscape, StarOffice and Firefox.
Reading is one my favorite things to do since I was little.
You can find me at Goodreads and follow my book posts.
Buy me a coffee (or a book)
- Amazon ebook wishlist (email@example.com): https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1RVET8NF3QUJ2
- Short Books Wishlist
- Vultr referral: https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8791237
- Vultr (get $100 on signup): https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8791238-6G
- Coinbase reference: https://www.coinbase.com/join/pereir_9y
- Monero (XMR):
- Bitcoin (BTC):
- Litecoin (LTC):
- Ethereum (ETH):
- Stellar Lumens (XLM):
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/paapereira